So you want to make your own video game using Flash CS4 and Actionscript 3. We applaud your chutzpah. This video will walk you through what should probably be your first steps: importing a sprite character, making them move around in response to keyboard inputs, and making them animate depending on how they are moving. Once you have this established, you can move on to creating enemies to fight, environments to wander, and all the other elements that make a good game.
Download free sprites for your game here.
Download the AS3 file used in the video here.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades